Vivid Peach Tree Overview
The Vivid peach tree not only bears delicious, bright red fruit which some people refer to as the perfect peach. In fact, it has become an important cultivar to follow Redhaven and be used for the fresh market. These trees produce delicious freestone, yellow-fleshed, red blushed peaches with radiant pink flowers in the spring. Not only is the fruit firm, juicy, and sweet, but it is also perfect for canning, preserving, and baking as well as eating off the tree.
Just like some other peach trees, the Vivid peach tree prefers fertile well-draining soils. It can grow well in hardiness zones 5-8. Additionally, it needs around 500 chill hours which are the average hours of air temperature between 32° and 45° F in a typical winter season. Moreover these peaches will ripen in the middle of August, although this will vary depending on your location. When they flower, they will decorate the landscape with a bouquet of aromatic, pink blossoms. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow fruit trees, see the articles in our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh, canning, cooking, preserving
- Taste: Juicy, firm, sweet, amazing flavor
- Size: Medium- large
- Color: Beautiful bright red blush and yellow flesh
- Height: 12-15ft
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: Middle of August (can vary depending on your location)
- Pollination: Although the Vivid peach tree is self-fertile, which means it can produce fruit without the help of other trees, the fruiting can improve when you plant other peach varieties close by.
- Diseases: In order to prevent diseases like leaf curl and brown rot, spraying is a good idea.
- Cultivation: This peach tree is very vigorous and productive. However it does need well-drained, fertile soils and full-partial sun.
There are no reviews yet.