Veteran Peach Tree Overview
The Veteran peach tree is a perfect mid-season cold hardy variety that is also very reliable. Not only does it have a firm, juicy, and slightly coarse rich taste, but it will also be perfect for baking as well as eating fresh. Developed in Canada, these golden fruits will be ready for harvest one week before Elberta. If you live in the Northwest United States, take note that it will grow especially well there. We grow this peach tree on Bailey rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and baking
- Taste: Firm and juicy with a little bit of coarse texture
- Fruit Size: Medium
- Size at Maturity: 10-12 ft. in height
- Color: Gold with a red blush
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-9
- Harvest period: mid season, one week before Elberta
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It will bear fruit 2-3 years after planting. Copper sprays can help protect this tree form diseases such as canker.