Starfire® Peach Tree Overview
The Starfire® peach tree has become a favorite freestone peach of commercial growers not only because of its vigor, but also its excellent juicy and nectar sweet taste. These large and beautiful fruits will ripen five days after Redhaven and are perfect for deserts, canning, and freezing. When you harvest them, the fruit will also keep well and is non-browning. Fortunately, these trees are also resistant to bacterial spot and canker so you won’t need to worry about those diseases! Additionally, since the Starfire® peach tree is so vigorous and heavy cropping, it will need be thinned. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guides.
- Uses: Eating fresh, canning, preserves
- Taste: Sweet with excellent firmness and juiciness
- Size: Large
- Color: Bright orange-red
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: Five days after Redhaven
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It is vigorous, productive and resistant to bacterial spot and canker.