Selena™ Peach Tree Overview
The Selena™ peach tree is a favorite late-season peach tree. Not only is the fruit large and delicious, but it also has good resistance to bacterial leaf spot. Moreover it harvests between Cresthaven and Encore. We grow this peach tree on Bailey rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
As with other peach trees, you will need to water the Selena™ peach tree once a week during its first year and during the fruiting season. If there is drought, you can water more frequently. This tree needs moist but well-draining soil. In order to retain the moisture, you can place mulch around the tree. Additionally, be sure to clear the weeds next to the tree since this will decrease the competition for nutrients. You can harvest when the flesh gives slightly and the peach pulls away from the tree easily.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Sweet with excellent firmness
- Size: Large
- Color: Crimson blush with a yellow base
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: late-season
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It is vigorous, productive and resistant to bacterial spot.