Rich May Peach Tree Overview
The Rich May peach tree is one of the most delicious early season varieties. This yellow-fleshed clingstone peach bears delicious, large, and very firm fruit. Zaiger Genetics in Modesto, California developed this tree. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Sweet and very firm
- Size: Medium
- Color: Deep red over yellow with a yellow flesh
- Type: Clingstone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-9
- Harvest period: Early season
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It is vigorous and productive.