Reliance Peach Tree Overview
The Reliance peach tree is one of the most cold hardy and reliable peach trees out there with a remarkable flavor. It was created in New Hampshire in 1964 and has become a favorite of northern growers. Moreover it ripens 2-3 weeks before Elberta. Since it is self-pollinating, you won’t need other trees to help it fruit. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Blend of sweet and tart, juicy texture
- Size: Medium – large
- Color: Yellow with a pink blush
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 4-8
- Harvest period: August
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. Since it is vigorous and productive, it will require thinning.