Messina® Peach Tree Overview
The Messina® peach tree is a very high quality freestone yellow peach tree if you want a delicious late-season peach. Not only is the fruit large with a firm texture, but it also has good resistance to bacterial leaf spot. Moreover it is ready for harvest four weeks after Redhaven and keeps well in storage. However the bloom occurs early which may affect the trees in colder climates. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Sweet and firm, juicy texture
- Size: Large
- Color: Pink
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: four weeks after Redhaven
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating, although the fruit quality will increase when planted near and pollinated by another peach tree.
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It is very vigorous and productive and resistant to bacterial spot and constriction canker.
- Storage: This tree keeps very well in storage.