Flamin’ Fury® PF 24-007 Peach Tree Overview
The Flamin’ Fury® PF 24-007 peach tree bears very large, firm, freestone yellow-fleshed peaches that will melt in your mouth. Not only does the tree bear beautiful high quality fruit with a crimson red blush, but it is also has medium susceptibility to bacterial leaf spot. In fact, the Flamin’ Fury® PF 24-007 peach trees are one of the many high quality trees developed by New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station at Rutgers University. When the peach trees start to bloom in the spring, your garden will be decorated with beautiful, fragrant, pink flowers. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks which produces trees that are about 10-12 ft in height. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide or read this article.
- Uses: Eating fresh
- Taste: Firm, with a delicious flavor and melting flesh
- Fruit Size: large – very large globose and slightly ovate
- Size at Maturity: 10-12 ft. in height
- Color: greenish – yellow base with a crimson red blush, yellow-fleshed
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: mid August, about 19 days after Redhaven
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating, although crop amount will increase when you plant other peach trees nearby.
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. Not only will it bear fruit 2-3 years after planting, but it is also vigorous and moderately productive. However, it must be pruned in order for the crop to grow well. When you plant the trees, be sure to add fertilizer 6 weeks after planting. In fact, you can place the fertilizer in a circle around the tree although keep it 18 inches away from the trunk so that the roots spread out from the trunk. You can also add ¾ pound of nitrogen fertilizer in the second year.
- Diseases: The tree has medium susceptibility to bacterial spot. Copper sprays can help protect this tree form diseases such as canker.