Fingerlakes Super Hardy Peach Tree Overview
The Fingerlakes Super Hardy peach tree is an ideal freestone tree if you live in a cold climate and want a delicious late-season peach. Not only is the fruit large and beautifully red blushed, but it also will have your mouth dripping from its juicy flavor. In addition to eating it fresh, it is also ideal for canning and freezing. Moreover, it won’t bruise easily and is self-pollinating. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh, cooking, canning
- Taste: Sweet with a crispy and juicy texture
- Size: Large
- Size at Maturity: 12-15 ft
- Color: Red
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: mid to late September
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0.