Encore Peach Tree Overview
The Encore peach tree is an incredible freestone tree, ideal if you want a juicy, firm peach which ripens in the late season. Not only does the tree bear high quality fruit with a deep red blush, but it is also resistant to bacterial leaf spot. In fact, these trees are one of the many high quality trees developed by New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station at Rutgers University as a cross between a seedling and Autumnglo. When the peach trees start to bloom in the early spring, your garden will be decorated with beautiful, fragrant, pink flowers. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh, baking, canning, and freezing
- Taste: Firm with an amazing sweet taste
- Fruit Size: Medium – large
- Size at Maturity: 10-12 ft. in height
- Color: Yellowish red skin with a crimson blush, yellow-fleshed
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: Late season
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating, although crop increases when planting another tree nearby
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. Not only will it bear fruit 2-3 years after planting, but it is also vigorous and productive. However, it must be pruned in order for the crop to grow well.
- Diseases: The tree is resistant to bacterial leaf spot. Copper sprays can help protect this tree form diseases such as canker.
There are no reviews yet.