Coralstar® Peach Tree Overview
Coralstar® is a large, beautiful, freestone peach with 80% coral red fruit that matures with Loring. The flesh is firm and clear with wonderful sweet flavor. Coralstar® holds well on the tree and in the cooler and does not brown when cut. It ripens 12 days after Redhaven. The tree is hardy and resistant to bacterial spot.
The Coralstar® peach tree produces beautiful, aromatic peaches with a tinge of coral in their flesh. In fact they come from the “Stellar” series and have some resistance to bacterial leaf spot and canker. Additionally it has freestone peaches which have flesh that separate easily from the pit compared to clingstones which cling to the pit.
Just like some other peach trees, the Coralstar® peach tree prefers fertile, loamy, well-draining soils. It can grow well in hardiness zones 5-8. Moreover these peaches will ripen in late August – early September. When they flower, they will decorate the landscape with a bouquet of aromatic, pink blossoms. However be sure to thin the fruits aggressively. This will allow the peaches to grow to their optimal size and quality. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow fruit trees, see the articles in our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh, canning, cooking, preserving, deserts
- Taste/Texture: Firm, juicy, sweet, aromatic
- Size: Large round fruit
- Color: Yellow flesh with tinges of coral. The skin is yellow with a orange-red blush.
- Height: This tree will reach 12-15’ if pruned well. If it is not pruned well it can reach 25’ tall.
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: Late August – early September
- Pollination: Although the Coralstar® peach tree is self-pollinating, which means it can produce fruit without the help of other trees, the fruiting can improve when you plant other peach varieties close by.
- Diseases: This tree has some resistance to bacterial leaf spot and canker.
- Cultivation: These peach trees need loamy, well-drained, fertile soils, and full sun.