Summer Pearl Peach Tree Overview
The Summer Pearl (also knows as NJ 252) peach tree is a cold hardy variety that bears delicious and red-blushed white-fleshed freestone peaches. If you want a delicious late-season peach which is also great to eat off the tree, then this is also for you. Although it is susceptible to bacterial spot, this tree bears high quality peaches and is a beautiful addition to any landscape. Moreover, the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station developed this variety and the peaches hold up well because of their firmness. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Sweet, firm and juicy
- Fruit Size: Medium – large
- Size at Maturity: 10 -12 ft
- Color: Red over a creamy-green base
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Harvest period: mid-late August, 3 weeks after Redhaven
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. Additionally it will bear in 2-4 years. However, it is susceptible to bacterial spot.