Snow Giant Peach Tree Overview
The Snow Giant peach tree bears delicious white-fleshed freestone peaches. If you want a delicious late-season peach whose flavor will last in cold storage for several weeks, then this is also for you. Not only is the fruit one of the largest and delicious, but it also has some resistance to bacterial spot. We grow this peach tree on Lovell rootstock, one of the regular peach tree rootstocks. If you would like more information on how to plant and grow this tree, see our guide.
- Uses: Eating fresh and cooking
- Taste: Sweet, low acidity, firm, juicy texture
- Fruit Size: Very Large
- Size at Maturity: 10 -12 ft
- Color: Creamy white with a red blush
- Type: Freestone
- Hardiness Zones: 6-9
- Harvest period: late season, mid-late August
- Pollination: Self-Pollinating
- Cultivation: This peach tree grows best in full sun with loamy well drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0. It is vigorous and productive. Additionally, it is moderately resistant to bacterial spot.